Job OverviewResponsible for the overall operation of the merchandise department. Ensures the department achieves revenue plans while delivering an optimal guest experience by directly supervising management team and performing the following duties:
- Manages and maintains all facets of the daily operation of the merchandise location to meet revenue plan.
- Fully functional in all processes and positions within the retail venue.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Notifies buyers of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Implements inventory controls to manage retail shrinkage and swelling.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all merchandise related products.
- Motivates retail associates and ensures they are focused on service that exceeds guest expectations and upholds brand values.
- Provides retail associates and managers with sales goals tied to revenue plan.
- Consistently maintains the merchandise and visual plan.
- Maintains venue to standards including stocking, cleaning, folding, etc.
- Conducts meetings with staff at regular intervals.
- Responsible for ensuring overall guest and Staff Member satisfaction.
- Responsible for delivering Staff Member evaluations in a timely manner.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to merchandise supervisors and retail associates.
- Accountable for the development, coaching, performance appraisals, and mentoring of retail associates.
- Ensures accurate completion of Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Anticipates and recommends employment needs.
- Assists management in training new Staff Members.
- Prepare and perform all aspects of quarterly inventories.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to safeguard merchandise.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings, and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by Department Heads and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service established by company policy.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five years of retail sales experience required.
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent judgment and decision making abilities.
- Basic computer skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook.