Job OverviewSupervises line and production cooks and stewards throughout their respective areas and ensures positive performance that adheres to budget and meets standards by performing the following duties:
- Ability to perform all responsibilities of each position in the kitchen.
- Conducts proper ordering procedures to maintain appropriate par levels of all kitchen-related products.
- Ensures a high standard of service efficiency, sanitation, and training and safety practices.
- Performs a daily walk-through of inventory to determine daily production.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with labor control and assigning duties to supervisors and Staff Members and timely delivery of Staff Member evaluations.
- Ensures accurate completion of culinary Staff Member schedules in accordance with forecasted business volume.
- Assists Kitchen Manager with coordinating catering/banquet functions with the appropriate Department Head.
- Ensures proper plate presentation and adherence to product specifications and recipe guidelines.
- Notifies appropriate Department Head of low inventory and recommends new inventory.
- Ensures that all productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Ability to calculate COGS and troubleshoot discrepancies in cost reporting.
- Ability to forecast Labor Costs based on historical data and trends.
- Maintains high level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings and communicates properly to guests; establishes rapport with all guests through name recognition.
- Understands and utilizes all safety and sanitation practices as defined in the safety program and reports any accidents.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
- Three to five years of experience working in a supervisory capacity required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with other departments and outside contacts.
- Ability to complete a heavy workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Experience in a high volume environment required.